It’s Strawberry Season!!!
When you’re when you’re into baking, like I am, it’s really something to celebrate.
I have been obsessed with how pretty the strawberries have been in our local grocery stores, so of course I jumped at the chance to make something fancy with them.
I am still in love with layer cakes look, so I decided to make this one from a recipe I saw in a recipe book “Grandma’s Favorite Recipes”.
FIVE LAYER STRAWBERRY DELIGHT
1 and ½ cups plain flour
1 cup ground pecans
¼ pound butter
Mix together and pat into 9 x 11 inch pan. Bake at 300 for 30 minutes and let cool completely.
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup heavy cream which has been shipped with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar or 2 cups frozen whipped topping.
Spread over first layer.
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 3 and ¾ oz package
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 ½ cups cold water
1 3 oz. box strawberry Gelatin
1 quart strawberries – washed and sliced
1. Blend sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
2. Add cold water and stir until mixture is dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes or until mixture is very thick and clear, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat, stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved.
4. Refrigerate mixture until cooled bu not set.
5. Arrange strawberries on top of pudding mix. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Chill until gelatin sets.
Whip another half pint of heavy cream. Add 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Spread on top. Yield 18 servings. Garnish with mint and strawberries.
This won 1st place in the Dairy Dessert Contest.
Grandma’s Favorite Recipes
Down-Home Southern cooking at its best with over 500 proven and tested recipes.
It has an extensive cross-reference index, emergency substitutions chart and an ingredient equivalents chart with easy step-by-step large print directions.