Pickles and peanut butter, chocolate and hot chilies, french fries and ice cream—no matter what your favorite bizarre food combinations are there is no doubt that strawberries and pretzels belong together. Sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy, it’s the best of every world, what more could you ask for?
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese (12 oz. total), softened
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine pretzel crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and butter; press onto bottom of 13×9-inch pan. Bake 10 min. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and milk with mixer until blended. Stir in Cool Whip; spread over crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in a large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until thickened. Stir in berries; spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
Recipe and photo from MyFoodAndFamily.com