Historic Southport is known for many things including its many wonderful festivals – but one festival you will definitely not want to miss is Winterfest!
Any of the many magical events offered by this year’s Winterfest are going to be a great way to start off the holiday season.
Every year both visitors and residents await the week of December when Southport’s holiday spirit abounds with the events of Winterfest
Kick off the holiday season with a week of celebration and events throughout the downtown area. Guests of all ages may enjoy live theater, a Nutcracker Tea Party, cookie contest, supper with Santa’s elves, view the “Polar Express,” step back in history with a costumed history tour, Christmas fire engine parade, Winter Craft Festival, book sale, DIY wreath workshop, Santa’s workshop, historic jail tour, Holiday Tour of Homes, and wrap up the week with the Christmas Flotilla.
For more information please visit the website.
- Christmas in Song – Christmas at the Amuzu, 111 N Howe St. at 7:30 p.m., $20
- December 1, 6, 7, 8 at 7:00pm
- Tuesday, Dec. 5th Holiday Cookie Contest – Southport Community Building, 223 E Bay St.
- December 5 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Wednesday, Dec. 6th Supper with Santa’s Elves – 209 N Atlantic Ave. from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m., $5 per child
- 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- -Christmas Movie “Polar Express” – Fort Johnston Garrison Lawn, 203 E Bay St.
- 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday Dec.7th Costumed Holiday History Tour – NC Maritime Museum at Southport, 204 E Moore St. from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Friday Dec.7th Light Up the Night Christmas Fire Engine Parade – Children will board the fire engines at the Southport Fire Station at 5:30pm Parade begins at 6:30pm. Parade route: Waterfront Park and down Howe Street back to the Southport Fire Station. Following the parade, children are invited to visit with Santa and will receive a gift!
- Winter Craft Festival – Saturday Dec. 8th at Franklin Square Park, 105 E Moore St. from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Book Sale – Saturday Dec. 8th 727 N Howe St. from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Santa’s Workshop – Saturday Dec. 8th 209 N Atlantic Ave from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Christmas Tour of Homes – historic downtown Southport from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m., $15 in advance, $20 day of tour.
- Southport Christmas Flotilla – waterfront viewing from the Yacht Basin to Kingsley Park beginning around 7:00 p.m.