Pie is delicious, making a pie can be a big chore and it never looks as pretty as the pictures. Hence, pie bars! Tastes just as good and it’s much easier to assemble. The filling is a no-bake filling so you don’t have to wait to eat it either!
For Shortbread Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 12 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided use
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, and butter. Mix together until well combined. Press into an 8 x 8 – inch baking pan. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a mixer bowl, add cream cheese and beat on medium-high until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add vanilla extract and beat 1 minute on medium-high speed. Add 2 cups of whipped topping and 1 cup coconut and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Spread over cooled crust. Top with remaining whipped topping and spread evenly over filling.
- Top with toasted coconut and toasted almonds. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until completely chilled. Slice and serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Recipe and photo from MissInTheKitchen.com