Sometimes you just need a simple recipe that you can throw together in a pinch and tastes amazing— that’s what we call a win. This is a delicious all-in-one Shrimp Scampi dish that is creamy, packed with shrimp, Parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. This recipe is for two individual portions, but if you want to make a full casserole you can double it up.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 oz uncooked pasta, any shape you want
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- At the same time, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Stir in the minced garlic and flour and cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in the milk, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for about 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- In a medium bowl, mix the beaten egg, Parmesan cheese, and ricotta cheese and set aside.
- Spray two small personal size baking dishes dish with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the broth mixture, the cheese mixture, and the pasta.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the two prepared dishes, divided evenly.
- Layer the shrimp over the pasta mixture, divided evenly in the two dishes.
- Sprinkle on the shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo from ZonaCooks.com
Want More Recipes Like This?
The Big 10 Fish & Seafood Cookbook