There is no better comfort food than a warm buttery biscuit. They’re perfectly flaky and fluffy and a treat for breakfast or served with a homemade dinner. If someone takes the time to make you homemade biscuits you know they’re made with love!
Yields 8 Biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces (2 1/2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cup chilled buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually add buttermilk, tossing with fork until large moist clumps form.
- Gather dough into a ball. Divide into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into 3-inch round. Transfer to baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake biscuits until tester inserted into the center comes out dry, about 20 minutes (biscuits will be pale).
- Transfer biscuits to rack and cool to lukewarm. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cool. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and store at room temperature. Before serving, rewarm in 350°F oven for 5 minutes.)