Eating healthy is all about making small adjustments to your diet and exercise routine. In this case, it’s a delicious swap. This Blackened Fish Burger with Sriracha Mayo is healthier than your average cheeseburger and so easy to make!
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- 4 -6 oz sea bass filet (or other firm fish)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil (extra virgin olive oil will also work)
- 2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup arugula
- Hamburger Buns
- 3 Tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 Tablespoon sriracha
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix Rub ingredients together.
- Take your sea bass and pat dry with a paper towel; leave the skin on.
- Sprinkle a generous amount (about a teaspoon or two) of the rub on the top of the filet.
- Add purple cabbage to a small mixing bowl and add your grapeseed oil and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Mix your Sriracha Mayo ingredients together, testing until you get your perfect amount of spiciness.
- Bake your fish for 4-6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness and the cabbage requires about 4-6 minutes as well.
- Place fish, skin-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet along with the cabbage, or add cabbage later for a thicker piece of fish.
- Toast Hamburger bun until lightly browned.
- Remove salmon, cabbage, and bun from the oven. Take the bottom of the bun and spread as much sriracha mayo as you desire. Add purple cabbage on top.
- Take a spatula and lift the fish fillet off of its skin, which should stick to the foil, and place on top of the cabbage.
- Add arugula and top of the bun. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo from www.ohsweetbasil.com