French is the language of love, and nothing says Je t’aime like a beautiful, delicious cocktail. The delightfully pink shade is a perfect match for the holiday of love. It’s an impressive sounding drink but it’s very simple to make. Top off that Valentine’s Day dinner with this cocktail and they’ll fall in love in no time!
The French Tart
- For rosemary syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- For cocktail
- 2 oz vodka gin would work too
- 1 oz elderflower liquor recommended: St. Germain
- 1-2 oz pink grapefruit juice fresh squeezed and strained
- 1/4 oz lemon juice fresh squeezed
- To make rosemary syrup
- Add rosemary along with sugar and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to simmer and stir until sugar dissolves. Turn off heat and allow it to steep for 30 minutes until it cools. Remove rosemary and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
- To make cocktail
- In a cocktail shaker, three-quarters filled with ice, combine all liquid ingredients. Stir until chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into a chilled martini or champagne glass. Garnish with a small slice of grapefruit or rosemary sprig.
Recipe and photo from NerdsWithKnives.com