We are enthusiasts of bending holiday traditions to make them more practical. We’re over the mulled wine and boozy punches our families have served up for years. This year we introduce the Thanksgiving Margarita. It still encapsulates those fall flavors we all know and love but it’s a new take on a traditional Thanksgiving cocktail. You can also mix up a big batch of the mixture if you’re hosting family or friends this holiday.
- 2 oz 100% apple cider
- 2 oz pear juice
- 1½ oz gold tequila
- 1 oz Grand Mariner or orange liqueur
- Salt for glass
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Pour a 1/4″ layer of salt on a small plate. Run a lime along the rim of your cocktail glass, turn the glass upside down and gently press the rim into salt.
- Scoop ice into the glass so that it is about 3/4 of the way full and squeeze the rest of your lime wedge over the ice.
- Combine liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Strain ice and pour your Thanksgiving margarita into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Finish with a whole cinnamon stick.
Recipe and photo from TheSoccerMomBlog.com
Want More Recipes Like This?
The Southern Foodways Alliance Guide to Cocktails