Dessert? Breakfast? You decide! This sweet, creamy recipe for grits hits the spot. The crunch of the coconut flakes and the sweet syrupy goodness of grilled peaches is divine. Cooking the grits in coconut milk is truly just an inspired way to boost the flavor. I could eat this for any meal.
- 1 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup grits
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 peach, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- Bring coconut milk to a simmer in a small pot. Gradually whisk in grits.
- Reduce heat to low, add salt and sugar, cover tightly with a lid, and cook for 15-20 min for regular grits, or 45 minutes for stone-ground, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat off and whisk in butter.
- To grill peach slices, heat a grill pan over medium heat. Cook peaches 2-3 min per side, flipping once until brown grill marks appear.
- To serve, divide grits into 2 bowls. Top with peaches and coconut flakes.
Recipe and photo from TheNewBaguette.com