If you’re anything like me you are buying up fresh summer blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries at every farmer’s market and produce stand you come across. The best way I have found to use up all of these summer goodies is a delicious berry cobbler. You can use frozen ones with this recipe, but when fresh-picked berries are in season it makes it all the better.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups berries**
- 1 lemon zest only
- 1/4 cup crystallizing sugar (regular sugar is fine too)
**I prefer to use fresh berries, but if you are using frozen berries, thaw and drain excess liquid before using for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 11×7″ pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla and whisk until combined and a smooth batter forms.
- Scatter 2 cups of berries on the bottom of the pan and pour the batter evenly over top.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of berries on top, zest from half a lemon, and the crystallizing sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe and photo from KevinIsCooking.com