Freshly picked spring strawberries might just be the perfect food. Sweet and a little bit tart, strawberries make for a perfect drink recipe too. This recipe is straightforward with simple ingredients and its’ simple, light flavor will make you wish strawberries were in season all year long!
- 4 strawberries, greens removed
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces prosecco
- Place strawberries, basil, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker and muddle. Add ice, vodka, and elderflower liqueur to shaker, cover and shake for at least 20 seconds.
- Strain cocktail into an ice-filled glass and top with prosecco. Gently stir to combine and garnish with a fresh strawberry and basil leaves, if desired.
Want More Cocktail Recipes?
The Southern Foodways Alliance Guide to Cocktails
Recipe and photo from garnishwithlemon.com