Cooking with Cheerwine? Why not? These ribs are oh so good, a little sweet a little spicy but just perfect. And trust us you’re going to need some extra napkins! The perfect mix of sweet and tangy, spiciness!
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3-lb.) slabs baby back ribs
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle Cheerwine soft drink
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir together paprika, chili powder, dry mustard, garlic powder, ginger, 4 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons spice mixture over ribs, dividing evenly. Place ribs on a rimmed baking sheet; wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Bake until tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Remove foil; rest 30 minutes.
- Combine Cheerwine, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, chili-garlic sauce, and 1 tablespoon spice mixture in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2 cups, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium. Grill ribs, basting with 1 cup of the Cheerwine sauce and turning frequently, until lightly charred and lacquered, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with remaining Cheerwine sauce and spice mixture.
Recipe and photo inspiration from www.countryliving.com