Festive and delicious. This Red, White, and Blue Berry Lasagna is a perfect dish to make for any 4th of July Celebration. Utilize some of summer’s fresh berries and wow your fellow Independence Day celebrators. This recipe is not very complicated, but because of needing the layers to set properly, it can take a bit of time. It’s best to do the layers the day before, you can leave the topping until the day of.
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 and 2/3 cup heavy cream (chilled)
- about 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Red Velvet Crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup of strawberry jam
- ½ cup+ 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Red gel food coloring
For Cheesecake Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of whipped cream
For Blueberry Jello Salad Layer:
- 2 (3 oz.pckg) berry blue Jello
- 1 and 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup of canned crushed pineapple-drained from juice (if using pineapple chunks, pulse it in a food processor to get finely crushed pieces)
- 2 ½ cups whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries halved
- Fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
Make the Crust:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, strawberry jam, melted butter, and red food coloring.
- Mix until evenly moistened. Press the mixture in the bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch dish. Place the crust in the freezer to firm.
- Make the whipped cream. In a bowl, beat chilled heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. Measure out 1 cup of beaten whipped cream for the cheesecake layer. Cover remaining whipped cream and reserve for topping.
- To make the cheesecake layer, cream together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and softened butter. Mix in 1 cup of whipped cream, not from the cream already made.
- Gently fold in diced strawberries and spread over the crust. Place in the fridge to set.
- To make the blueberry jello salad layer in a large bowl place 6 oz. berry blue Jello gelatin mixture. Pour 1 ¼ cup boiling water and stir for a few minutes until the gelatin dissolved completely. Set aside to cool for 15-20 minutes, then stir in crushed pineapple and blueberry pie filling. Wait until it’s cooled to room temperature and soft set, or place in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Spread blueberry jello layer over chilled cheesecake layer. Do not pour warm blueberry jello over the cheesecake layer, it will melt.
- Place in the fridge to chill until the jello layer is set completely.
- Top with remaining whipped cream. Before serving arrange fresh berries on top. Melt white chocolate chips, transfer melted chocolate to a ziplock bag, cut off the corner and drizzle over the top of the lasagna.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe and photo from OMGChocolateDesserts.com