Perfect for a savory fall brunch or just a healthier take on waffles, sweet potato waffles with toasted pecans is a delicious way to welcome autumn.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cups skim milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (canned or fresh)
- pure maple syrup and toasted pecans, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Spray cookie sheet with a light coat of cooking spray and spread pecans, bake at 350 for about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, eggs, canola oil, and maple syrup until well combined. Add in the sweet potato puree and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray, and cook the waffles according to instructions.
- Top the waffles with pure maple syrup and toasted pecans, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe and photo inspiration from flavorthemoments.com