A pot full of delicious steamed clams can be enjoyed with nothing more than some crusty bread, or even just a spoon – to savor their flavor.
In our version, white wine and some Old Bay seasoning add a tasty freshness to the clams while, lemon wedges brightens things up.
- 2 dozen clams
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Melted butter
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- Scrub clams thoroughly, discarding any shells that are crackedor open.
- Combine water, wine, Old Bay seasoning, and pepper in a large Dutch oven.
- Bring mixture to a boil; add clams.
- Cover, reduce heat, and steam until shells open wide, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove clams with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid.
- Serve clams hot in shells with reserved clam liquid, melted butter, and lemon wedges.