This fish stew is a perfectly delicious and savory meal, perfect for a comforting night in.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb fresh cod, or other white fish
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 oz can diced tomato
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 whole white onion, diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 whole green pepper, sliced
- 1 pinch sea salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic, cook until translucent. Add can of diced tomato, stir. Add in coconut milk, sour cream, and tomato paste. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add sliced peppers, fish pieces, red pepper flakes and cilantro (or parsley) and cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve by itself or over rice.