This is a great drink to prepare for a Christmas party. It is easy to make, your guests will love it and a fabulous aroma will fill your home from the “wassail pot” as this drink festively brews. It is so inviting.
Heated in a Crock-Pot, Cranberry Wassail has a bit of rum added for a nice twist.
This recipe calls for 1 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract to add a little rum flavor so is basically non-alcoholic.
Add additional rum when you are through cooking (so that it doesn’t cook off) for an alcoholic version of this recipe.
What You Will Need:
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium orange, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bitters, optional
- Orange peel strips, optional
What You Need To Do:
- Combine all ingredients in a large Crock-Pot. Cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce heat setting to Low; cook for 3 hours or longer.
- When finished, discard orange and spices.
- Stir in rum and bitters if desired.
- Garnish with orange peel strips if desired.
- Yield: 9 servings.