The saying “Once you pop you just can’t stop” was probably about this recipe before they hijacked it for a chip slogan. Crispy, crunchy perfect corn fritters topped with sweet-spicy honey is what snacking dreams are made of.
Spicy Honey Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Honey
- 2 Fresno Chiles
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
Corn Fritter Ingredients:
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp. Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 Cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. spicy honey or regular honey
- 2 Cups corn kernels
- Vegetable Oil for frying
For Spicy Honey:
- Pour honey into a small saucepan. Finely slice the chilies and add to honey. Stir in vinegar and heat over medium heat until simmering.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an hour to infuse honey. Don’t let it boil.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes before straining out the chiles.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg, milk, and honey and beat thoroughly.
- Stir in the corn.
- Pour 4 inches of oil into a deep frying pot. Heat to 375.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of batter into the hot oil.
- Fry until the fritters are floating and dark golden brown, approx 3-4 minutes.
- Remove fritters with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with all batter.
- Serve immediately drizzled with hot spicy honey.