Who doesn’t love a delicious sandwich? Especially this one with delicious crab meat and melty cheese all over it! Our taste buds are watering just looking at it. Go ahead, enjoy!
- ½ cup crab meat
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons Old Bay
- pepper to taste
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced green onions
- ¼ cup shredded Gruyere, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices sourdough or other bread
- In a small bowl, mix together the crab meat, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay, a bit of pepper, and the green onions. Mix it well, then taste, and adjust as you see fit.
- Mix the Gruyere and Cheddar to the crab mixture. Mix until everything is coated.
- Now take your bread. On two slices, sprinkle a little extra Gruyere. (The cheese is your glue to hold it all together)
- Top each of those two slices with half of the crab mixture.
- Top the crab mixture with a little extra Cheddar.
- Place the second piece of bread on top. Press gently to squish it all together.
- In a large skillet on medium to medium-high heat, melt 1-1½ tablespoons of butter.
- Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the sandwich. Cook until the bread is golden brown. This will take a few minutes.
- Lift the sandwich out of the skillet and melt the rest of the butter. Flip the sandwich and put it back into the skillet with the untoasted side down.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the second side is golden brown. Adjust the heat as you go if you feel the bread is getting dark too quickly.
- Remove from heat, cut in half, and serve.
Recipe inspiration and photo from www.cookingismessy.com