Perfect for tailgating, a casual party, or anything in between– Carolina Caviar is the perfect southern snack. It keeps for weeks and is full of fresh vegetables. You can’t go wrong! Serve it with some fresh tortilla chips and everyone will keep coming back for more!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, rinsed black-eyed peas
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes finely chopped and drained, or a 15 oz can of drained and rinsed petite diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can of corn drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Vidalia onion finely diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper finely diced
- 1 medium yellow or orange bell pepper finely diced
- 2 jalapenos seeds and ribs removed, finely diced, if you like heat include the seeds
- 1/2 cup finely diced cilantro or parsley
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
Add all dip ingredients to a large colander to drain. When the mixture has finished draining, add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake well. Add to the dip and combine.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips. This dip can be eaten immediately, but it’s better to let it sit for 2-24 hours to allow the flavors to combine!