Something about Fall just makes us want to bake. This recipe is perfect for pairing with a hot cup of coffee and indulging in a sweet-savory breakfast. The streusel on top is crunchy and sweet and just short of heaven. So open those windows, let the crisp fall weather in, and put on your apron. You’re going to want to make this one all Fall long!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil vegetable or canola
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
For The Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Dump in pumpkin puree, milk, oil, and vanilla and then mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 9 pan.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon and mix until incorporated. Mix in chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of cake batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out nearly clean.
Recipe and photo from EllaClaireInspired.com