Looking for a perfect appetizer? Well, this is it! It’s savory, sweet and a little tart too. The only problem is your guests are going to keep going back for more!
- 2 pears
- 6 slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- 12 leaves of fresh sage
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB honey
- 2 cups arugula
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Make the balsamic glaze: combine honey and balsamic in a skillet on medium-high high and bring to a boil.
3. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until the glaze is reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon. Cool.
4. Core pears and cut into 6 wedges per pear. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place a leaf of sage on one side of pear and wrap with prosciutto. Lay on baking sheet and repeat with remaining pear wedges.
6. Brush prosciutto wrapped pears lightly with olive oil.
7. Cook prosciutto wrapped pears in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and cool until able to manage by hand.
9. Spread arugula on a platter and place prosciutto wrapped pears.
10. Drizzle with cooled balsamic glaze.
Recipe and Photo inspiration from FabFitFun.com