These salmon cakes are a perfect dinner to whip up in a flash. They’re easy to pair with a simple salad, some sautéed vegetables or, or some cilantro lime rice. We love the Old Bay seasoning, but if you prefer another seasoning mix feel free to swap it out!
- 2, 6oz cans wild salmon
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh green onions or chives
- light olive oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients until mixed well. Form into 6-8 small patties
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan and spread around. Gently place each patty into a hot pan and cook on the first side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully flip, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the second side is browned.
- Once cooked, set aside and sprinkle coarse salt over salmon cakes. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe inspiration and photo from aggieskitchen.com