Craving a low country boil but it’s you don’t have a big enough crowd to tackle a whole pot, try these Low Country Boil Foil Packets. This recipe is perfect for two people and it’s a lot less mess to clean up after. So fire up that grill and assemble some of these foil packets.
- 1 lb small red potatoes, halved
- 2 pieces corn cut in half (1 cob)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb uncooked peeled deveined extra-large shrimp
- 12 oz fully cooked andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 4 (18×12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Add corn to potatoes; drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning; mix until evenly coated. Place shrimp in medium bowl; toss with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning; mix until evenly coated.
- Place an equal amount of sausage on the center of each sheet of foil. Dividing evenly, arrange potato and corn mixture around the sausage. Divide shrimp evenly over sausage. Squeeze 1 wedge of lemon over each pack.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 6 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and sausage is heated through.
- Remove packs from the grill, cut a large X across top of each pack. Carefully fold back foil; sprinkle with parsley, and top with remaining lemon wedges.
Recipe and photo inspiration from BettyCrocker.com