This Fourth of July entertain your friends by serving up this perfect recipe for a patriotic cocktail. The drink is simple to make but you can step up the appearance by making the fruit into star shapes.
- 2 bottles of dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc works well)
- 1 cup of triple sec
- 1/2 cup of a berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of simple syrup (see how to make it below)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 1/2 of cups hulled, sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups of pineapple chunks
- Combine all the above ingredients in a pitcher or a large punch bowl and stir well. Cover and refrigerate the mixture for at least 4 hours.
- Serve up well chilled with a nice size scoop of fruit floating in each drink, or you can serve over ice.
How to Make Simple Syrup
- To make 1/2 cup simple syrup, boil 1/2 cup water and add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar. Turn heat to simmer and stir until dissolved. Turn off the heat and let cool.
Recipe Note: Use fresh fruit for this recipe. Frozen won’t look great. To make star-shaped pineapple pieces, cut long & wide pieces of pineapple off the side of the fresh fruit and use a star cutter to cut shapes.