These biscuits are a delightfully rustic appetizer with an elevated twist of the apricot jam. They’re sweet and savory and a little bit tangy. Trust us, they’ll fly off the table quicker than you can make more.
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus 2 teaspoons melted
- 1 3/4 c. cold buttermilk
- Sliced ham
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam
Ham Biscuit Sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender or fork until coarse crumbs form.
- Make the biscuits: Stir buttermilk into flour mixture until just combined. Turn out dough onto a well-floured work surface and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Pat into a 3/4-inch-thick rectangle. Cut into 9 squares and transfer to a baking sheet, placing close together but not touching. Brush with melted butter. Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Halve biscuits and top with ham. Serve with Apricot Mustard.
To Make the Apricot Mustard: Whisk together apricot jam, whole-grain mustard, and Dijon mustard in a bowl.
Want More Recipes Like This?
The Southern Pantry Cookbook: 105 Recipes Already Hiding in Your Kitchen
Recipe inspiration and photo from CountryLiving.com