Sweet Potato Casserole is a tradition in most homes, and there are numerous variations of it.
Some have marshmallows, some don’t, some have Pecan toppings and some don’t; but true to form we think our Grandma’s recipe is the best around, and we’re letting you in on the secret recipe.
Here is Grandma’s Recipe Sweet Potato Casserole:
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 Cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes canned or fresh
- 1/8 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans optional
- Mini-Marshmallows optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Sugar, Butter, Eggs and Vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend until smooth (there will be some lumps). Distribute evenly in a greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl mix together Brown Sugar, Butter, Flour, and Pecans. Mix together and spread over sweet potato mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.
- When the casserole is done cooking, remove from oven and place mini-marshmallows across the top, covering the dish. Put the casserole back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.