Many people find clams to be an intimidating dish to cook at home, but they’re really simple to make and one of the less pricy seafood options to buy. In about 20 minutes you can have a delicious, impressive seafood dinner that’s sure to wow everyone.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in clams. Cover, with a tight-fitting lid, and cook until the clams have opened about 5-8 minutes. Discard any unopened clams.
- Stir in pasta and additional vegetable broth, as needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Recipe and photo from DamnDelicious.net