If there was a dish that had everything we love about food in it, this would be it. A creamy, herby garlic cheese sauce coats sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and shrimp, then topped off with a heaping pile of pasta—we must have died and gone to heaven. So if you want a divine dinner here on earth cook up this superb Italian dish.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 lb. shrimp — tails on or off
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 5 oz jarred sun-dried tomato strips in oil, drained
- 1¾ cups half and a half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅔ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry for two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet. Pour in the white wine, and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the half and a half and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the herbs and parsley, and stir through.
- Serve over pasta.
Recipe and photo from CafeDelites.com