One of my favorite foods is blue crab dip, but for some reason, it’s unacceptable to eat just dip for dinner so when I came across this recipe for Crab Pie that seemed like a perfect solution. It’s got all the cheesy goodness of blue crab dip but it’s perfectly acceptable to serve for lunch, dinner, or any other meal you might want to have.
- 2- 9″ pie crusts
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1- Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1- Tbsp. finely chopped green pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350º – par-bake your crust for 3 minutes.
- Combine eggs, flour, mayonnaise, and milk, mix well.
- Add Swiss, Cheddar, onion, green pepper, and Old Bay seasoning and mix well.
- Fold in crab meat and try not to separate the lumps of crab meat too much.
- Pour into 2 separate pie crusts, sprinkle with additional Old Bay Seasoning.
- Bake at 350º for 40-50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Recipe and photo from HotSauceDaily.com