Lobster rolls might be a staple of New England, but in the south, they’re still just as good! This is a perfectly easy recipe to capture that fresh, buttery taste of lobster in an easy to make yet impressive sandwich.
- 3 1-1 1/2 pound lobsters steamed and meat removed (about 3 cups lobster meat)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 top split or regular Hot Dog Rolls
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Chop the tail into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl with the claw and leg meat.
- Whisk the mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently toss the dressing with the lobster meat and set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add two tablespoons of butter.
- Toast the outside of the hot dog roll in the skillet until golden brown. Flip and toast the reverse side. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Open each roll and fill with 1/4 of the lobster salad. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of melted butter over each roll and top with 1 tablespoon of chives.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo from TheSuburbanSoapbox.com