Come to Beaufort, NC on January 19, 2018 from 6-8pm for the 6th Annual Clam Chowder Cook-off as four volunteer guest clam chowder cooks compete at the Harvey W. Smith Watercraft Center.
Participants enjoy a tasting-sized portion of each of the four chowders and then vote for their favorite.
In addition to clam chowder, the event will host a cornbread taste-off.
Tickets go on sale December 11. They are available at the Museum Store or online at www.museumfriends.org
$35 Non-Members and $30 Friends Members.
Proceeds will help to support the operations of the Friends of the North Carolina Maritime Museum.
The North Carolina Maritime Museum began as a collection of natural history specimens in the U.S. Fisheries Laboratory on Pivers Island, N.C. circa 1904, but did not become the North Carolina Maritime Museum in its present incarnation until 1984.The Harvey W. Smith Watercraft Center was added in 1992.
In July of 1997 the North Carolina Maritime Museum was transferred from the N.C. Department of Agriculture to the N.C. Department of Cultural Resources.
In late summer and early fall of 1999, the N.C. Maritime Museum expanded operations to include branch museums on Roanoke Island and at Southport.
In February 2007 the North Carolina Maritime Museum in Roanoke was transferred to Roanoke Island Festival Park. Also in 2007, the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum was brought into the Department of Cultural Resources.
The new maritime museum system now is comprised of the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum in Hatteras, the North Carolina Maritime Museum in Beaufort and the North Carolina Maritime Museum at Southport.
Today, the North Carolina Maritime Museums are part of the North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.
252.728.7317. North Carolina Maritime Museum, 315 Front Street, Beaufort, NC 28516. www.ncmaritimemuseums.com.
|Clam Chowder Cook-Off
The Harvey W. Smith
315 Front Street
Beaufort, NC 28516
Visit the Website.