Lighthouse Beer and Wine of Wrightsville Beach, NC, hosts this fantastic event once a year, always [Read more…]
There’s nothing more refreshing on a warm fall day than a cold fruity drink, and this is the perfect one to mix up for everyone! If you’ve got someone who doesn’t love blackberries, just substitute another fruit (strawberries, mango, raspberries, kiwis, peach) — a mojito is a perfect flavor combo with anything!
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, or 3 lime wedges
- 6-7 mint leaves
- 3 blackberries (or other fruit)
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (or 1 tablespoon of sugar will do)
- cup of ice
- In a shaker, muddle limes, mint leaves, blackberries, and simple syrup until pulverized. Add rum and ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour contents into a glass (no straining) and top with two ounces of club soda. Stir and garnish with mint leaves and a blackberry.
Recipe and Photos from kitchenswagger.com
This Hot Pumpkin Spice Drink is exactly what you need if you’re looking for something cozy!
It makes a delicious morning as a coffee substitute, and is comforting in the evening after a long day to help you wind down and relax.
Think of it as a hot chocolate made with pumpkin, or a pumpkin spice latte but without the caffeine. Just be sure you don’t skimp on the whipped cream!
2 cups milk (use a dairy-free milk alternative for a vegan option – oat milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.)
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons light brown sugar (use more or less depending on your taste)
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
whipped cream – for topping (use a dairy-free alternative for a vegan option)
pumpkin spice – for sprinkling on top
US Customary – Metric
In a small saucepan, heat the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar and pumpkin spice on medium heat, until it is just about to boil, stirring frequently.
Pour into cups and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of additional pumpkin spice.
Looking for a spooooky Halloween drink? Try the liquified ghost! It’s simple and delicious and just the right amount of scary!
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. vanilla simple syrup
- 1 oz. cream
- 1 oz. lemon lime soda
- Black licorice for garnish *optional
- Pour ingredients over ice in a shaker.
- Shake and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a black licorice.