Fall is one of the seasons I look forward to, I tend to go overboard cinnamon, apples, and warm comforting smells, even when it comes to my drinks. This Apple Cider Sangria is a beautiful combination of all things Fall, everything from the color to the smells, to the warm feeling of drinking this autumn-packed sangria will put you in the mood for crisp Fall evenings.
- 2 large red apples -cored and sliced thin
- 1 large orange – thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 Bartlett pear – cored and diced
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups spiced apple cider
- 1 bottle white wine Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay
- For garnish – cinnamon sticks star of anise pods
Add the apples, orange, pear and cranberries to a large pitcher or wine decanter.
Place the cinnamon sticks on top of the fruit.
Add the lemon juice, white wine and spiced apple cider. Stir a few times.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving to allow all of the flavors to blend.
To serve, place 2-3 ice cubes into each glass and add the apple cider sangria. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and star of anise pod.
Recipe and photo from CraftyMorning.com