This Grapefruit and Thyme Bourbon Smash is full of bright citrus flavor and aromatic herbs, showcasing the best of seasonal fruit. Muddled lime and thyme, combined with fresh grapefruit juice and delicious bourbon, it’s the perfect way to get the most out of those amazing grapefruits. This cocktail is refreshing, full of flavor and gorgeous – it’s the perfect cocktail to serve at any occasion.
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- ice cubes
- 3.5 oz Bourbon
- 2/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice (approx 1 grapefruit)
- 4 dashes aromatic bitters
- Ice to serve
- 2 grapefruit slices to serve
- 2 lime wedges to serve
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme to serve
- Remove the thyme leaves from the sprigs and add to a cocktail shaker with the lime wedge and sugar. Muddle to release the juice from the lime and flavor from the thyme, muddle for at least 60 seconds.
- Add ice cubes, the bourbon, grapefruit juice, and bitters to the shaker. Stir for 20 seconds.
- Fill your chilled rocks glasses with ice, and strain the cocktail between the two glasses
- Garnish each glass with a grapefruit slice, a lime wedge and a sprig of thyme
- Serve immediately
Recipe and photo from ATipsyGiraffe.com