Fall is here and with the cool morning air, falling leaves, and football games on Sunday afternoons, it’s natural to want an autumnal drink. But, we live in the south and it’s not quite cold enough for those warm apple ciders meant for Fall weather in the northern US. The solution—Bourbon Apple Cider Thyme Punch! The bourbon will warm you from the inside out but since this drink is served over ice you won’t be melting while you drink it.
This recipe makes about 8-12 servings.
• 4 cups apple cider
• 2 1/2 cups (20 oz.) bourbon
• 1 (10-oz.) bottle club soda
• 1/2 cup Thyme Simple Syrup **
• 12 dashes of bitters
• 1 Fuji apple, thinly sliced
• Thyme sprigs
Thyme Simple Syrup Recipe:
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup loosely packed thyme sprigs
Combine sugar, water, and thyme sprigs in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Stir together apple cider, bourbon, club soda, Thyme Simple Syrup, and bitters in a large punch bowl or pitcher.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with apple slices and thyme sprigs.
Recipe and photo from SouthernLiving.com
Want More Drink Recipes?
Beach Cocktails: Favorite Surfside Sips and Bar Snacks