Here is a simple but elegant spring pie that will “hit the spot” for a delightful light dessert to serve on warm spring evenings.
You can use unbaked pie shells from your grocery store or take it up a notch and spend a few extra minutes to create this pie with a delicious graham cracker crust. Add some fresh blueberries sprinkled on top… mmmm!
This dessert will satisfy cravings for something sweet without becoming overwhelmingly rich and decadent.
Tina’s Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie!
For the Pie:
- 1 – 8 oz. cream cheese – room temperature
- 1 – 12 oz. frozen whipped topping
- 3 – cups confectioners sugar
- 1 stick butter or margarine – room temperature
- 2 unbaked pie shells – (dep dish 9 inch)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 – 21 oz. can blueberry pie filling
Cream together butter (or margarine). Add powdered sugar, blend well. Fold in frozen whipped topping. Pour into baked pie shells (or graham cracker crust). Spoon blueberry pie filling on top of cream cheese filling. Chill at least two hours before serving.
For the Crumb Crust:
- 9 large rectangular graham crackers (around 1 1/2 cups), crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl, combine your crushed graham crackers, sugar & butter. Gently pat the crumb mixture into your 9-inch pie pan and bake for 8 minutes (or until very lightly browned) and let set. Let your crust cool completely before filling.