It’s hard to beat a pina colada with its creamy, tropical flavor, but I think this one comes close. The tangy sweetness of the blueberries adds to the sweet creaminess of the coconut milk, and the light fruity flavor of the pineapple and lime makes this drink incredible. For a healthier version, you can use light coconut milk, either way, it’s delicious.
- 4 oz coconut milk
- 2 oz blueberry lime juice (recipe follows)
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 2 oz light rum
- 2 oz pineapple juice
Blueberry Lime Juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower heat to just above a simmer and continue cooking until blueberries burst. Mash blueberries with the back of a spoon to ensure they have all burst.
- Strain juice and discard solids.
- Fill 2 narrow highball glasses with crushed ice. Set aside.
- In a mixing glass, combine all ingredients, then pour over crushed ice.
- Garnish with blueberries, mint, and dried lime slices, optional.
Recipe and photo from PeanutButterandFitness.com
Want More Recipes Like This?
Beach Cocktails: Favorite Surfside Sips and Bar Snacks