The Arts Council of Carteret County presents Art From The Heart an eighteen day art show and sale of original two and three dimensional artwork, including photography.
The show typically draws over 2,000 gallery visitors during the event, making it one of the largest regional shows in eastern NC. In 2018, the ACCC awarded $6,500 to artists who won recognition for their work with the show producing over $9,000 in artwork sales.
AFTH is open to artists 18 years of age or older at all levels of expertise. Artists are NOT required to be a member of the Arts Council of Carteret County to enter only if they live in Craven, Carteret, Onslow or Pamlico counties.
Any non-member artist from outside these counties will need to join ACCC in order to participate in AFTH and may join at registration time. Current members of the ACCC may enter regardless of their county or state of residence. Memberships begin at $25/year.
Show Dates and Hours
Friday, February 22 thru Thursday, March 14
Monday – Wednesday • 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday – Saturday • 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday • 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Friday, February 15 • 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday, February 16 • 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday, February 17 • 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Judge’s Critique Session
Tuesday, February 19 • 6:30 PM Fee of $10 per participant
Crystal Coast Chamber of Commerce “Business After Hours”
Thursday, February 21 • 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Note: Tickets are only available through the Carteret County Chamber of Commerce at $5 per person. Call (252)726-6350 for details.
Artist Reception and Awards
Friday, February 22 • 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Note: The gallery will not open until 5:30 PM on Friday, February 22.
Thursday, March 14 • 5:00 PM
Artwork Pick Up by Artists and Purchasers
Thursday, March 14 • 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Friday, March 15 • 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Saturday, March 16 • 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Note: No early pick-ups will be allowed.
More information about AFTH
• AFTH is a non-juried show featuring original artwork that has been created within the last two years.
• Photography will be judged separately from other artwork in the show. Typically, photography represents approximately one-third of the entries in Art From The Heart.
• Artists may enter three pieces of work that must be for sale. Each piece costs $10 to enter. The ACCC charges a 30% commission on all sales.
• When an artist sells a piece of artwork, the artist will be notified and offered an opportunity to immediately put another piece in the show. Rules and entry fees for additional pieces are the same as the rules for entry used at the beginning of the show.
• The judge for AFTH 2019 is Eric McRay, from Raleigh. See his bio below.
The ACCC intends Art From The Heart to be one of the most “artist friendly” shows possible. More information regarding this show will be released in January, 2019. Check back to this page and web site for AFTH updates and the posting of more information including registration forms and rules of entry. Questions? The ACCC can be contacted at email@example.com or 252-726-9156.
2019 AFTH Judge Eric McRay
McRay received a BFA degree at the Maryland Institute, College of Art, where he earned a four-year scholarship for his artistic talent. A native of Washington,DC, McRay moved to North Carolina and has been exhibiting since 1987. In November 1998, he was juried into Raleigh’s prestigious Artspace.
Since opening his Artspace studio in downtown Raleigh, McRay has served in the offices of Vice-President and President of the Artspace Artists Association, as well as served on Artspace’s board of directors and Executive Committee.