Start off the New Year with this healthy, warm and inviting soup. This recipe for a healthy kale and white bean fusion incorporates the salty ham and soothing broth left over from your Holiday feast.
Our seasonal remedy is going to soothe away your winter ills and chills for renewed health and happiness in your home in 2017! Be sure to share our recipe pick with your family and friends during the New Year!
- 1 leftover ham bone
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 5-6 medium – large carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 onions
- garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp whole peppercorns
- 2 cans white beans (cannellini or great northern)
- 8 oz. or 1 large bunch of kale
- Simmer leftover ham bone with 1 onion, 4 cloves garlic, 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, peppercorns and bay leaf in chicken stock for 2-3 hours.
- Remove bone and pull meat off for soup. Discard bone and strain stock.
- Sauté remaining onion, garlic cloves, carrots and celery in olive oil until soft. Add back in stock, shredded ham, 2 cans of white beans and kale.
- Simmer until warmed through. Serve with red wine vinegar, shaved Parmesan and crusty bread.