The “Howl” party happens when the Moon rises and the entire group breaks into a collective “howl!” around a blazing bonfire.
Attendees bring food and drink to share and the Maritime Market brings huge pots of soup and some appetizers as well.
The event draws hundreds each Summer and is free and open to all.
After the Howl, head up to Mojo’s for their “Moonrise to Midnight” bash – a moonlit post-Howl extravaganza on the porch.
verb (used without object)
- to utter a loud, prolonged, mournful cry, as that of a dog or wolf.
- to utter a similar cry in distress, pain, rage, etc.; wail.
- to make a sound like an animal howling: The friends howl when the sun sets and the moon rises.
- Informal. to go on a spree; enjoy oneself without restraint.
verb (used with object)
- to utter with howls: to howl the rising moon.
- to drive or force by howls (often followed by down): to howl down the beach.
For a list of Howl Dates visit: www.maritimemarketbhi.com/howl.aspx
|The “Howl” party
East Beach Access 39
Bald Head Island, NC
Phone: 910-251-1788Visit the website.